Total Students: 120
- 50% of program cost/student covered by 1st Amendment-1st Vote, Inc
- Districts participating via a BOCES CoSer program: depends on aid ratio; cost
gap covered by 1st A-1st V, Inc
- Student transportation to/from program venues
- Staff substitute per diem for chaperone release time
- NO COST to participating students and their families
Each high school recruits and selects participants.
1st A-1st V recommends a diverse group of students who:
YES, including one overnight stay in Buffalo area in October. See above for
NYS Social Studies Standards address: Foundations of American Democracy; Civil Rights and Civil Liberties; Rights, Responsibilities and Duties of Citizenship; Political and Civic Participation; and, Public Policy....all of which are built into 1st Amendment-1st Vote's program content. Program content is presented via the instructional SEMINAR, FIELD TRIP visit to Historic Seneca Falls, and Leadership ACTION Summit where students finalize and present their school-level ACTION PLAN for REAL CHANGE in their home schools; and, engage in a simulation addressing strategic campaign roles for a local elected office including the "candidate's" 3-minute stump speech focusing on a local environmental or civic rights "hot button" issue.
YES...opportunities may vary from year-to-year, such as:
Copyright© 2020 1st Amendment-1st Vote, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Designed by: CB9 Design