Our vision is to close the gender gap at all levels of government leadership!
1st Amendment-1st Vote is…
Outside the Classroom
Participants become deeply familiar with the connection between Amendments 1 and 19.
Casting an Informed Ballot
Programming began in 2018, and since then we’ve hosted hundreds of teens representing scores of high schools.
Closing The Gender Gap
To close the gender gap at all levels of government leadership, 1st Amendment-1st Vote, Inc offers high school girls a non-partisan opportunity to engage in the democratic process, and to imagine themselves in elected office or professional government-related positions.
Programming began in 2018, and since then we’ve hosted hundreds of teens representing scores of NYS high schools.
- the importance in a representative democracy, of casting an informed vote in every election for which they are eligible.
- the US political process by gaining knowledge and practicing skills to be active community citizens.
- networking with women in government leadership or elected office to learn about professional government related jobs and mounting/supporting a campaign.
- the proposed Equal Rights Amendment to US Constitution.
- the historical significance of the contribution of Indigenous Women and Women of Color to American democracy.
- the legacy of Seneca Falls, New York, the home of the first women’s rights convention in America (1848).